Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Storm Strider: Almost Done!

Tonight brought a present surprise as I actually got a big chunk of prime time painting in. My wonderful wife was working on sewing Christmas gifts while I got a great two hours of uninterupted time. I finished one of the last two boomy trolls and then turned all my attention on the Storm Strider.

First, some information for anyone thinking of painting one of these.
Don't.
This has to be one of the most boring models I've ever painted. Don't get me wrong, I think it is incredibly cool looking, but man do those glowy circles get repetitive. This is coming from the guy that painted a forgeworld Brass Scorpion... without an airbrush! I lost my motivation to actually finish this model over the summer, but tonight saw me actually complete the bulk of the battle engine. All that is left to finish is the arch assembly with the tesla coils and the two crewmen.

Pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment